What is iWomenTV?
iWomenTV is the first themed internet TV channel with cultural, social and educational content which aims to create and share inspirational content that contributes to women’s personal and professional development.
We will select content from all over the world which is based on values such as equality, education, creativity, cooperation and sustainability… so that together we can create a better world.
iWomenTV is for those who think that we can make [bd_highlight_text color=»red»]a better world[/bd_highlight_text] altogether.Please, like our page on Facebook!Thank you very much!
Our aim is to use the latent knowledge which exists in our society, so that we can capitalise on it to encourage a paradigm shift in the way that we look at the world. We are looking for inspirational people who wish to share ideas and knowledge, experiences and real stories – people who can help us to achieve a change in the way that we think about three key aspects to achieve a better society:
- The role of women in the world
- The kind of education which we give our children
- The way which we relate to others and to the environment.
We live in a political, economical and social context which allows both men and women to reach their maximum potential and be able to contribute to the construction of a better world.
Our aim is to use the latent knowledge which exists in our society, so that we can capitalise on it to encourage a paradigm shift in the way that we look at the world.We are looking for inspirational people who wish to share ideas and knowledge, experiences and real stories – people who can help us to achieve change in the way that we think about three key aspects to achieve a better society:
– The role of women in the world
– The kind of education which we give our children
– The way which we relate to others and to the environment.
The values that build our project are education, equality and cooperation. What do that values mean to us?
…Education means giving children the opportunity to understand and to achieve their purpose in life.
- It means constructing the foundations on which future generations will build a new society.
- It means preventing them from making the same mistakes that we did.
- It means promoting the use of techniques, methods and curricula to create individuals, not machines.
…Equality means giving us the opportunity to be different.
- It means allowing everybody the same opportunity to access knowledge.
- It means not ignoring the contribution that women can make to the well-being of our society.
- It means not allowing privilege just for belonging to a particular sex, or a particular social, political or economic class.
…Cooperation means understanding that the world starts, not ends, with us.
- It means enjoying giving to others, and also enjoying receiving from them.
- It means making sure that we are connected to our family, our neighbours, to society, and to nature.
- It means being concerned for the well-being of everything that surrounds us, both people and the environment.
- It means realising that a large part of what we have, we have because someone, at some time, thought of our well-being. Why don’t we think of others now?
We believe that a content designed for internet does not have to have less quality than any other content created for traditional television. What kind of programs will we produce? Those who help us to improve in each of the roles we play every day (mother, family, work, home …), to inspire us, motivate us, to teach us that we have fun … there is only one condition, OU @ s protagonists are people who have experienced a change in their lives, people who have struggled to achieve their dreams and … successful. because for us the success is to earn a life through your passions 🙂
At iWomenTV the approach which we follow in the development of our business is based on Henry Chesbrough’s principles on what is called Open Innovation. These days nobody has a monopoly on big ideas, rather they are widely distributed throughout our society. Innovation is born, and grows, within networks of businesses, rather than within one sole corporation. iWomenTV is made of a large team, but we are very conscious of the fact that in the rest of the world there are people with valuable skills, and our doors are always open to them. With all the business operations carried out at iWomenTV we follow this model in such a way that we will create other initiatives and projects together, exchanging opportunities and sharing the desire to construct a new social order. Creativity will be the principle tool for achieving a new ecology model from which man and his environment can begin to interact in a healthy, sustainable and durable way, forming a fundamental part of iWomenTV’s complete business strategy.
CSR – Corporate Social Responsibility
So that iWomenTV can be a durable and self-sustaining project for the future, we need economic input which allows us to maintain the project and develop our activities, always within the social framework of cooperation which we have established. In this sense iWomenTV will collaborate with business that see Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as key in their interactions with the different parties connected with their business activity: employees, shareholders, citizens, and the environment. Businesses which are aligned with this philosophy have, amongst others, the following aims:
– To help society with useful products and fair conditions.
– To respect human rights by providing decent working conditions which favour worker’s health and safety, and their personal and professional development.
– To respect the environment avoiding, wherever possible, any form of contamination, by minimising the production of waste and developing the use of natural energy resources.
– To ensure the fair distribution of profits.
– To uphold company ethics and fight against corruption.
– To oversee the health and working conditions of the workers
– To monitor the management of resources and waste.
– To review the company’s energy efficiency.
– To evaluate environmental and social risks.
– To instruct employees in the practices of CSR.
– To work to achieve the business’s reputation.
What is iWomenTV?
– It is a platform in favour of equality, education, creativity and cooperation.
– We want people to be inspired by our content and to use it as a tool for personal improvement.
– We will bring together the best programs from third parties which are in-line with our philosophy, and give them exposure on our platform.
– iWomenTV is not only a producer, distributor, exhibitor and crowdfunding platform, it is also a socio-cultural movement which will develop other off-line networking activities in order to promote and achieve its mission such as conferences, workshops, chats, and training, events,networking…
What is not iWomenTV?
– It is not a platform which is against anything or anyone.
– We do not aim to create trends or to influence people.
– We will avoid collaborating with businesses/brands which are not concerned with the role of their company in society, and which do not have a defined CSR policy.
– We will not have dealings with businesses/brands whose treatment of employees or the environment is unnacceptable.
– We will not produce, nor air, content, nor carry out projects, which are not in some way related to our values or have a marked social character.